Hello people, how are you doing today?
Was thinking about writing on relationships and I thought it would be terrible to talk about relationships without addressing the bedrock of relationships:
Most often we get caught up in building our relationships with others that we forget to build relationship with self. The relationship you have with yourself is the foundation of any kind of relationship with anyone else. You cannot totally love and accept someone if you do not love and accept yourself first. You cannot have a good relationship with people if you do not have a good relationship with yourself first.
HOW DO YOU BUILD A SOLID REALATIONSHIP WITH YOURSELF?
The beautiful thing about any kind of relationship is that, it is built and developed constantly. The quality of your foundation determines if it will collapse or stand, how long it will stand and what kind of building you’ll have (If it will be a bungalow, storey building, sky scraper, etc.). To improve your relationship with yourself, do the following:
- Make a decision to have a strong relationship with yourself. Every advancement in every field of life starts with a decision. Actions and decisions, no matter how seemingly insignificant strengthen or break relationships.
- Be determined. Have a strong will and stick to that decision.
- Write down your flaws and strengths
- Focus on your strengths. This will help you see the good in yourself and help your esteem.
- Bear in mind that everyone else has flaws and weaknesses. Stop beating yourself up about yours. Quit being too hard on yourself. The first step to solving a problem is, identifying that problem. You know your flaws and that puts you a step closer to your solution.
- Convert your weaknesses into areas of development until they transform into strengths. We are humans, born in imperfection with imperfections but this doesn’t limit us. Strife for perfection. Don’t get comfortable with your weaknesses. When measured on the perfection bar, ensure you are closer to perfection than imperfection.
- Remember that Rome was not built in a day, nothing good comes easy. The metamorphosis may be slow but the outcome will eventually be beautiful. The butterfly never starts life as a butterfly, it passes through many preparatory and stages and eventually comes out beautiful
To be continued…
Practice makes perfect and assures improvement. Practice the following and watch your relationship with yourself and others take a new dimension.
Photo credits: David Adelakun (Taiwo Adelakun Photography)
Model: Ojiyovbi Ebasa