I am very excited today because it is my birthday and so far it has been wonderful even if I did not sleep all night. I kept getting calls and I felt really loved. I realized that a lot of us crave success in different ramification for the sake of ourselves, family and the perception people will have for us. Individuals that crave success for the purpose of giving back are really few. I realized that, it is a life principle, if you give, you’d get. I read a couple of articles about Bill Gates and his giving habits. He gives a large chunk of his wealth very often to charity and somehow he has remained in the top 3 position on Forbes list of richest men in the world in the last 15 years.
All I am saying is giving back is an essential part of life. It does not have to be money. This is why today, which also happens to be world food day, I won’t be giving you food, I would be sharing ideas that can put food on your table. I can give fish but I’d rather teach you to fish. I’d be sharing ideas, most of which are innovative and could be potential businesses waiting to happen, ideas that can help brands, campaigns and improve the perception of brands. I may mention specific brand but it is also important that as you read this, spot the ideas and make the best out of them or allow them inspire/structure your thought pattern. Ideas are flexible and respond to the right input. Thank me later.
Let the ideas begin…
In recent times, I have been a bus junkie because I’ve been trying to cut cab cost plus it inspired me to start Street Diary, a category containing some of my hilarious experiences in Lagos, Nigeria. I identified needs in this process, as you probably already know, I always find solutions, lessons and inspiration in every experience.
- An Organized Bus System would be amazing. It would take out the noise of conductors and make it more prestigious. The name affects the psyche of the driver and conductor. You could call the driver the Captain and the conductor the Host or Bus Manager. They would probably dress better. Rather than jumping bus, we could have good have organized lines. Don’t even tell me we have BRT because that’s not good enough.
- It would be nice to have taxi/cabs with Card Payment Compartments embedded. Ford or Toyota could look into this. In this cashless era, it would be nice. It is a bit unrealistic for every cab man to own a POS with the charges that come with it but instead of just radios and CD compartment, we could have a part for transactions. Buses could have this too, it addresses issues of “change” (lower denominations of a currency).
- Change Depot or Change Provision Service: A service that provides change when we need it as opposed to touts hawking mint notes on the street.
- Dear Lagos State Government, Creating a Separate lane for trucks would be a great way to minimize the traffic on Lagos road
- Digital Tvs can make decoders that can serve as a router too for wi-fi (ACTV) .
- Interactive billboard showing scores of live matches and glimpse of epic goals, like live scores. It will make people pay for premium (DSTV).
- House pooling (like airbnb).
- Hotel by the Hour: People are charged by the hour instead of the normal system that exist at the moment. It has to be coded sha, so you offer class at a good price without looking cheap.
- Ready to eat noodles compatible with microwave. All you have to do is microwave it or add water and microwave it. Rather than cook with pot or kettle. (DANGOTE NOODLES).
- Noodles on the GO/ Noodles in a Cart. Make noodles and sell in traffic, like they make coffee in a mobile cart. Call it mobile noodles, lol. (INDOMIE). or Noodles in a can for corporate people that like FAST FOOD. I don’t know how this can be pulled off tho.
- Waste management systems. Pay/reward people for their waste and come up with a product that can be made from waste. it can be recycling of waste , fertilizer production or reselling bottles back to their producers e.g, you’ll sell coke bottles back to cocacola.
- Emergency contact solutions inspired by customer service. Create a company and partner with a telecomm company or the telecommunication companies can look into setting up a number (123 (tagline: just count 1 to 3 and we’d be there) managed by a large group of people with the directory of all emergency numbers in Nigeria, so when people call, it will be redirected to the appropriate emergency line based on their problem.
- Interactive billboard with puzzles, riddles or traffic report. (AIRTEL): The smart phone network needs a smart or interactive billboard ad showing traffic reports of different zones or puzzles that would occupy people during traffic.
- Water inspired advert via light effects/impressions. Express delivery services can leverage on this (Traffic can’t stop us).
- Glow in the dark beer or beer bottle (STAR/ORIJIN).
- GLO should sponsor a glow in the dark campaign, GLO with pride, even in the dark, we are your light… (GLOBACOM).
- Disposable padded/lined panties (ALWAYS PAD): It’s stressful to be on your period
- More on-stage performance concerts/shows or Awards that would be strictly on-stage performance (no lip-syncing allowed) and amazingly themed. People love performances, we’d not mind watching those shows or live drama performances weekly or monthly. A strong level of consistency with cinematic experience.
- Art Haven. An art mall, with weekly shows showcasing drama, music, pen art, writing, photography, art work etc. and have biggest performance hall for rent as well as an art school and art stores.
- An Aboki Franchise or Aboki management. Setting up a franchise with the Aboki concept. Manage people with small stalls that attend to the everyday needs of customers. The buildings would be different from the normal “kpako” that Aboki guys have. It would still probably be a kiosk but better structured, with a level of architectural touch, to give it a classy feel. Stock the store and put someone in charge. Attach an amount that must be remitted to you weekly.
- LET’S BRAND NIGERIA. America is built on freedom and possibility. They’ve found a way to attach a level of respect to their people, currency, anthem, flag etc. and this has in turn rubbed off on the way foreigners perceive America. People cry when the national anthem is performed. Not just anyone sings the national anthem. It is some musician’s dream to sing the national anthem. Nigeria, How far? Isn’t this possible for us? Can’t we achieve a level of respect for our Nation and her people? Let’s build Nigeria on something strong and concrete. When you hear Nigeria, what comes to your mind? Be a great Brand Ambassador of Nigeria where ever you go because you determine how Nigeria is perceived.
Contact me via mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries, questions and suggestions. Drop comments in the comment box. For a better picture of some of the ideas, watch the video Here or below. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.