Hi, I know you’ve missed me, well, I’m back and I hope nothing takes me away again. Today, we will be discussing the preceding posts on value orientation (if you have not read it, click VALUE ORIENTATION, (Read it now!!! else you will feel lost ). There are salient points in the story that I believe would be relevant to you and these points are important because they will support and strengthen you in your self development journey and the rate of improvement will alarm you.
The ten pillars are:
- Be eager to learn and engage in further research. Never feed on incomplete information or haphazard information. Get your facts right. Further and recent knowledge/information is priceless.
- Find S2: When you identify a problem, find the source and solution. Be a creative solution provider not a professional complaint director.
- Be well equipped before undertaking any task. It puts you far ahead. Not everyone has to start from scratch. With information you can start from the middle to the top.
- Never be in a hurry to make money. Nothing good comes easy. Be patient and work for every penny you earn directly or indirectly, be sure you deserve it. Fast money evaporates quickly. Build lasting empires and assets.
- Decisions are integral in defining and shaping your life and its eventual outcome. Never be in a hurry to make decisions. Take out time to ponder, weigh your options and come up with a decision even if it is a risk-taking decision.
- Never base your decisions on emotions. Emotions cloud judgments. Never make a decision under pressure (except you have to), stress, extreme excitement, depression, anger etc. because you will most likely make a bad decision.
- Set out an accurate plan, with clear goals and strategies on how to execute a task before undertaking the task.
- Ignorance is much more expensive than the price of education. If you do not know the value of a thing, the worth and potential of that thing will remain vague to you and might hinder your success or advancement. Knowledge of value guarantees advancement.
- Be aware of and familiar with the potential and treasures in your vicinity before embarking on an ultimate treasure search in a strange land. A goat at hand is better than a lion in the forest
- Never give up!!! Suicide is never a solution. Face your challenges. Don’t run away from them. People with the best success stories had terrible experiences and challenges that toughened them up and prepared them for the positions they are now. e.g Oprah Winfrey
If there are other lessons you learnt from the article, Value Orientation, kindly share by commenting. Add to someone’s life and inspire a friend today by sharing this post. If you haven’t read value orientation, click here. Have a nice weekend.